Monday, November 22, 2010

A New Week :)

Last week- I don't quite know how to express how I felt last week. I was overwhelmed to tears one night because of work and school. I felt like I had way too much to do and not enough time in my day. And then because I was already upset I thought about how I really don't have many friends here at home still. That's what I get for hanging out with all guys, eh? They're all on missions now and I love what they're doing, but I miss them dearly. The girls that I hung out with are all now spending all their time with their eternal companions. Yup, they're all married. I'm so happy for them though. I just wish I had something to do every once in awhile, ya know? But that was last week. It's a brand new week and it's going to be a good one. Wanna know why? Because I said so. :)

Thanksgiving break and a week off from school- I started off my Thanksgiving break (it officially started on Saturday when I finished all my homework) by cleaning the house. Yes, that's right. I love to clean and haven't been able to in quite some time. My mom came home and I was vacuuming. She goes, "Hey, that's Morgan's job!" I just said, "oops.. :)" and kept on vacuuming. Then she left and I started the dishes. She came home and says, "Cort, I  WAS going to clean today. I've just had other things going on. Did you leave anything for me to do??" I just smiled at her. She goes, "You didn't do the kitchen floor yet, did you? You're not THAT good...are you??"  I replied with, "What do you mean I'm not THAT good??" Jokingly of course. She only meant "I haven't been gone that long. You're not fast enough to get all that done too are you?" No, I let her do that. Once I was done cleaning the house I sat down next to the fire and read my lesson. I'm a Sunday School teacher in my college ward and LOVE it!! I love to teach, prepare lessons, give talks..you know, all the things most people hate! :) There are two major reasons why I love it. 1) I learn so much from preparing a lesson or talk. It's fun to me to learn new things and then be excited to share it with others. Or to find a cool quote that touched me and I think might touch other's lives. It's just soo fun! 2) To think that I might be able to touch someone's life makes me feel so good. Something I might say could have a big effect on someone. I might say something that causes people to go home and strive to be better. I love that feeling that I can help people through giving talks or teaching. Of course, I give all credit to the Spirit because it is really him that is touching their lives. I'm just a mouthpiece. So I sat next to the fire and prepared some of my lesson. I don't teach for another two weeks, but wasn't in the mood to watch tv or get on the computer. It was a great day! That was probably the best day of my week last week. Cleaning always makes things better though :) and then to invite the Spirit in was wonderful!

So my focus for this week- I'm going to clean some more :) I'm going to help my mom with our contributions to our family Thanksgiving dinner. I'm going to find things everyday to be thankful for. I'm going to smile and laugh a ton more than I did last week. I'm going to be happier. There is no reason not to be. No, I might not have friends to hang out with like I normally do. But most of them have been gone almost a year now so I'll have them back before I know it. And I've always got my family. It's cold and snowy out. We're on break from school. I wanna play games and enjoy the nice cozy fire! So it's going to be family week this week. I'm going to focus on them since I've got school out of the way for a bit. And I only have work half of the week this week too! Oh, the joys of working for an attorney! When the courthouse is closed, we are usually closed too :)

I can already tell this week is going to be better! YAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment